Friday, July 31, 2015

Racism vs Racism

I thought I knew what racism is because I have seen racism as long as I have been on this earth ( 33years ) .

Now I realize that there are probably to versions of racism and I am confused :( !

I have known my whole life that if a white person in authority does not give a black person a job or denies a black person education and or basically denies a black person rights then that is racism .

This makes sense to me in terms of that when you deny a black persin their rights BECAUSE of their skin color then you are being racist .

But I am confused about how you can even be racist when you apologize if you are making a racial comment ?

Or how is a person racist for saying ; I do not see black ?

Although my late father was a terrible person , But when he said that he does not see the color , The black person he spoke to knew he meant that he just sees a human being .

When I am exhausted,  I cannot think clearly .

And I am afraid that when I am very exhausted and I am around people,  I am probably not going to say a single word for fear of being perceived as racist :( ( I am very sad ! )

My mother thought me when I was a teenager that it is OK to make a mistake when you are around good people because the said people know you had good intentions.

Thank you for reading !

Dusya

No comments:

Post a Comment