Thursday, February 23, 2017

Israel , Palestine And children with various disabilities

I went yesterday to a talk by Alice Rothchild at The Harvard Coop .

She is a physician,  Author,  American Jew , Feminist and human rights activist.

Before I continue,  I want to emphasize that I am neither pro Israel nor pro Palestine !

I have Jewish friends and I think I know some people from Palestine,  But too sure.

Besides their language,  Religious beliefs and culture,  If I can reason with said people,  That is all I care about.

So back to my experience from said talk  ;

Alice Rothchild was talking about her annual trips to Palestinian refugee camps .

I admit that I am barely informed about what is going on over there !

I remember as a child hearing about a lot of shooting and other in Gaza and that there has been a war between Palestinians and Jews for decades  !

My late grandfather talked all The time about what was happening in various countries in Europe,  Australia and various places like Kuwait and neighborhood in Africa  .

My mother visited some places in Israel when she was young and tokd me that there was an ongoing war , But she and The others were too far away from border lines ( Or whatever it is called ) to see any shootings and what not .

By The way , I am aware that I am not always using The right terms and you may correct me , But it takes me a while to get it , Meaning I am a bit slow in catching up .

Anyways,  I have heard about Israel and everything involved in their history for years  !

I studied at some point The history of Isrsel and Palestine in my own and came to The conclusion that said war is,based upon miss interpretations of The Bible and Koran .

But after listening to Alice Rothchild,  I am completely baffled and cannot really find The words to explain my shock  !

The war is disgusting and it has worsened over The years !

I do not know really what is happening on The Jewish side , But on The side of The refugee camps , It is horrifying  !

Besides that there are a couple of refugee camps and depending on what border you live , You receive in school The education that is permitted by The school district  , But hearing that boys are targeted on a daily basis and The military does not give a damn about The age is beyond shocking  !

A boy who is maybe only 7 or younger can actually get arrested for suspicions of throwing rocks at a Military vehicle  !

Some boys do not even know if they will live The next day because you never know when you either will get physically injured or even killed by an officer  !

Girls appearantly have it easier and can go to The University when they are old enough but many of these people live every single day in danger , Because because a male family member can get arrested in The middle of The night due to suspension I have already mentioned  !

Literature and history is forbidden to study because it supposedly brings ideas to young people and even when a boy gets arrested,  There are no real judges  !

Military staff is trained in law and barely pay attention to The suspect amd it is pyre luck if a boy gets only 5 months of prison as opposed to 5 years or more !

Not sure which refugee camps exactly or maybe at all of them , The I.D of little boys are taken away by The military  ( Not sure what reason ) and said boys are barely able to defend themselves  !

Girls are not able to be properly educated in terms of health care and other  !

While listening to this and other shocking stories,  I had to think of all The disabled children in those areas,  Autistic and other!

There are barely recources for said children out there !

There were a couple of Jewish women in The audience who knew The personally and I heard that some of these women actually are traveling to visit these refugee camps to educate and families about Human Rights and other

Alice Rothchild mentioned that The United Nations is in The loop about what is happening and that obviously all The arrests are illegal!  But not much can be done because there is not enough countries reaching out to The Palestine Government AND The Israel Government especially The Right wing part of both Governments that are at fault for The ongoing war !

Thank you

Dusya

No comments:

Post a Comment