Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Witch Hunt

I will confess here that I have a fascination for witches !

I have no explanation for said fascination.  It is just there !

I have watched since my early childhood all shows that involved witches .

Bewitched , Then The Dorothy And The Wizzard Of Oz ( Although it is not a show but a,movie but still !) , Later on Sabrina The teenage witch and basically any other movie or show that involved witches including Charmed !

I went recently to The witch museum in Salem , Ma .

I learned about The famous witch trial and also I learned about all The famous people in history who were shamed , Sent to jail or hanged simply for being different  !

Galilee Galilee and a couple of other scientists and also Jesus was included  !

Everybody with whom I was at The museum learned about all The people who were hunted because of their unique way of thinking.

Although we learn in The bible and by going to Church that Jesus is and was admired , It was not always this way !

Many famous people about who we learn from history books and other originally were shunned !

They were hunted and arrested and eventually hung or otherwise executed simply for being different  !

Being different seems to mean that you are not a follower , You think out of The box , Do not agree with everything The local government says or does .

Joan D'Ark who is now in every history book possible in The western world was burned basically for being different  !

I was wondering for a couple of years what or where came The notion from that witches are horrible.

Nevermind that many people consider witches just a product of fantasy,  But even if they are a product of fantasy,

Why make a product of fantasy something evil ?

But after going to The witch museum I realized it is not about witches really,  It is more The idea of being different.

I know Rosa Parks was hated in her time because she was black and had The nerve to not give up her seat to a white person .

Nowadays she is considered a hero  !

She stood up for justice while being black and a woman ( Which was a crime in The 60's ) .

I guess The present society decides what is acceptable and what is not acceptable or what should be considered a crime and what should not .

Thank you

Dusya

No comments:

Post a Comment