Monday, July 31, 2017

Feminism Today vs. Feminism 200 years ago

Over 200 years ago feminist fought for womens rights . Specifically for women to have equal rights,  The right to vote and The right for education and or higher education like a University degree and good jobs .

In various countries in The world women have gained said rights .

I agree that there are still many countries that do not approve of women and girls rights to education and other.

Having said that , I want to applaud The countries that have women in leadership possitions and women who have Ph.Ds !

I want to apploud The countries where women choose freely if they want a career and family or just be housewives .

Although we still have a long way to go in many countries , I wish that we please  not forget all The above mentioned accomplishments! 

Now we are in 2017 and feminists are still fighting for womens rights,  Which is great , But I am having The sense that women are only focusing on what we are missing in terms of women's rights and ignoring all The accomplishments.

The U.S has various women in leadership possitions.

General Attorney,  Judges,  Former Secretaries of State and Defense  ( I do not care at this point what you think about these women , But they had leadership possitions in The past !) .

Now we definitely have to focus on women's rights to make their own medical choices !

But women having rights does not mean they should be walking nude in The streets or bragging about their bodies !

Feminism is about having self respect for yourself as a woman .

Feminism is supposed to be about women saying " I am a woman and I am intelligent and beautiful human being and I have The right to an education and to lead a company if I am good at it and choose to do so !

Feminism is about women saying " I have The right to choose if I want to have children/ Start a family and or a career.

Feminism is about women saying " I have The right to say no if I choose to !

Feminism was though NEVER about forcing your views onto others or walking around half naked in The streets just because. ....

I wish modern feminists would understand this . ( Sad face )

Thank you for reading

Dusya

2 comments:

  1. And respect for other women is important too, Dusya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was obvious , But yes ( Smile )

    ReplyDelete